Sunday, February 20, 2011

Antichrist (2009)

Antichrist (2009)

Directed by: Lars von Trier
Screenplay by: Lars von Trier

Genre: Drama | Fantasy
Running Time: 108 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Netflix Watch Instantly

[IMDb]






Comments: Hot off the news that Criterion is going to slowly pull their films from Netflix Watch Instantly for Hulu (gay!), I decided that it might be time to start plowing through my queue. Up first is Lars von Trier's Antichrist, a film I've wanted to see for awhile based mainly on the bizarreness that was supposed to unfold. Through the first hour, however, I was a little unimpressed. The film was alright, but it was mostly two characters talking with not a lot happening. Luckily, the second half really brings Antichrist home. Not only does all of that talking really come together, but the film just gets balls-out crazy. And in the awesome way. While Antichrist may not me everyone (or most people's) cup of tea, I certainly enjoyed the hell out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment