Friday, February 4, 2011

Animal Kingdom (2010)

Animal Kingdom (2010)

Directed by: David Michôd
Screenplay by: David Michôd

Genre: Crime | Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 113 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

A crime story.

[IMDb]




Comments: Thanks to my my new favorite podcast Filmspotting, I'm being exposed to a wealth of films I've only heard of in passing (now if I could take the time to start watching more films, I'd be set). Animal Kingdom is a prime example, and what a wonderful film it is, especially considering it's helmed by a first-time director. Actually, I think the direction is the aspect I like most; it's beautifully filmed and a pleasure to watch. The story in itself is excellent, and one really becomes immersed in this sociopathic crime family. Really worth the price of admission, or the free rental I used to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment