Saturday, February 12, 2011

Easy A (2010)

Easy A (2010)

Directed by: Will Gluck
Screenplay by: Bert V. Royal

Genre: Comedy | Romance
Running Time: 92 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Let's not and say we did.

[IMDb]




Comments: I remember seeing the poster for this film at my local theater and thinking Easy A was just going to be another shitty teen comedy. Gradually, I started hearing better things about the film, until my interest was completely peaked when Easy A was mentioned in Filmspotting's Golden Bricks show, where they talk about films that won't get "end-of-the-year" praise but deserve to be seen nonetheless. I was so interested that I blind-bought the film, and I'm really glad I did. Easy A is probably the best teen comedy I've seen since Superbad; it's funny, witty as hell, and really heartfelt. Emma Stone (who coincidentally was also in Superbad) is wonderful, and she really reminds me of Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls - back when people talked about the potential she had. Let me emphasize that Stone has way more talent than Lohan did several years ago, but the films are very similar; I just hope that Stone stays on the straight-and-narrow and continues to do great things. Not snort a lot of coke and steal jewelry. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment