Friday, February 11, 2011

The Last Exorcism (2010)

The Last Exorcism (2010)

Directed by: Daniel Stamm
Screenplay by: Huck Botko and Andrew Gurland

Genre: Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 87 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Believe in Him.

[IMDb]




Comments: I didn't realize going in that the film starred Professor Jeremiah Lasky of Saved by the Bell: The College Years fame. It made me wonder or not if I could buy into his character, or if I'd just see Lasky. But surprisingly, not only did I buy into Cotton Marcus, I sort of bought into The Last Exorcism. Sure, it gets a little silly in the end (which I thought was reminiscent of something that would have happened in an X-Files episode), but the film did a decent job setting up the plot while navigating around the "shot on home footage" aspect. It's not a particularly great film - it certainly won't be remembered for years to come - but I liked it enough for a Friday night viewing. And it was definitely better than The Rite, so take from that what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment