Saturday, July 30, 2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love. (2011)

Crazy, Stupid, Love. (2011)

Directed by: Glenn Ficarra and John Requa
Screenplay by: Dan Fogelman

Genre: Comedy | Drama | Romance
Running Time: 118 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

This is crazy.

[IMDb]




Comments: Hmm, it must be romantic comedy weekend. Anyway, it was between this and Cowboys and Aliens. For me, there was no real choice. Steve Carell? Ryan Gosling? Julianne Moore? Emma Stone? Yes please. And while the movie suffers from a few pacing issues here and there, the interaction and dialogue between these wonderful actors is just top notch. There's also a (somewhat surprising) twist toward the end (at least for me, just because I wasn't expecting it), which brings everyone together in a somewhat ridiculous fashion, but the rest of the finale is just great. I was also a little dismayed at how little time Emma Stone spent onscreen for the first hour or so of the film, but it worked out as everything tied together at the end. I don't mean to sound like a bitching about Crazy, Stupid, Love., because I really enjoyed the film. I just wish that a few subtle changes were made that would've made it even better. By the previews I'm sure you'd know whether you had any inkling that you wanted to see the film. If you had said inkling, go see it, because it's definitely worth the watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment