Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Big Bang Theory - Season One (2007-2008)

The Big Bang Theory (2007-????)

Created by: Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady

Season: One (2007-2008)
Genre: Comedy
Number of Episodes: 17
Episode Running Time: 30 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

Smart is the new sexy.

[IMDb]




Comments: I debated on the rating for The Big Bang Theory for a bit (between a 3 and 3.5). On one hand, when it's working, the show's hysterical and made me laugh out loud (or I 'lolled' in Internet speak). But the show can often fall into formulaic sitcom territory, and Sheldon can get ever-so annoying at times. I realize that's his character, but there's not enough bonding moments amongst the group to show why the other three would ever want to hang out with him on a regular basis. I was also less than impressed with the Leonard-Penny relationship. As many know, a good romantic arc can make an entire show for me. Of recent shows I've watched, storylines like Jim and Pam or Chuck and Sarah really make a good show 10x better. I felt nothing like this for Leonard and Penny. I just didn't feel any chemistry between the two. In the end, it's not like I hated the show (like the fellas over at Community; they had "BBT SUCKS" spray painted on a wall the one episode), because when it's clicking, it's funny. But The Big Bang Theory plays out like a standard network sitcom at times, and that's is a damn shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment