Saturday, July 9, 2011

Horrible Bosses (2011)

Horrible Bosses (2011)

Directed by: Seth Gordon
Screenplay by: Michael Markowitz, John Francis Daley, and Jonathan
  M. Goldstein

Genre: Comedy
Running Time: 100 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Theater

Is your boss a slave-driving psycho?

[IMDb]



Comments: I wasn't exactly sure what to expect with Horrible Bosses. For the most part, the film would've been a rental. But since I'm at my apartment this weekend (and not in my hometown, where I spend most weekends) and have nothing (and I mean nothing) to do, to the cinemas I went. Based on what I'd already seen, it was down to this or Bad Teacher (and Transformers too, but, uh... no thanks). Between those two, I'm going to pick Charlie Kelly, Michael Bluth, and a half-naked Jennifer Aniston over Cameron Diaz and crew any day of the week (sorry Cameron, you don't even hold a candle to Ms. Aniston anymore). And while Jennifer Aniston usually makes the shittiest movies, hearing her dirty side (all while talking to Charlie) was ungodly amazing (there was so much discussion about pussy... and penises... and sex...). Horrible Bosses takes awhile to get going, but once it does, it's a pretty funny film. Charlie Day is without a doubt the star, even though at first it seemed like he was going to play a character different than Charlie Kelly. But by the middle of the film, it feels like he just walked out of Paddy's Pub. In addition to the stellar supporting cast (Jamie Foxx, Kevin Spacey, and Colin Farrell - whose character would've been ungodly annoying had he not been barely used), there's a plethora of cameos, including Donald Sutherland, Ioan Gruffudd, and Ron White (plus another great one at the end). Overall, Horrible Bosses isn't the greatest film, but it's certainly good for a few laughs, and that's pretty much all I was asking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment