Friday, July 1, 2011

127 Hours (2010)

127 Hours (2010)

Directed by: Danny Boyle
Screenplay by: Danny Boyle and Simon Beaufoy

Genre: Adventure | Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 94 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD (Family Video)

Every second counts.

[IMDb]




Comments: I figured I'd like Danny Boyle's 127 Hours, but I'm being completely honest when I say I didn't think I would like it this much. I usually highly rate movies that are either technically impressive (from the script to the cinematography or the acting) or that simply just get to me and evoke a deep emotional reaction. 127 Hours did the latter, although it could very easily fit into the first category due to Boyle's flashy (but not quite over-the-top) camerawork and editing along with James Franco's wonderful performance. I really felt like I was stuck with Franco (to the point where I got really thirsty halfway through); it completely invested me in the film. When they showed the real Aron Ralston at the end, I can be a man and say that I got a little misty-eyed just thinking of him actually stuck in the canyon and how he survived. 127 Hours comes highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment