Sunday, July 24, 2011

Piranha (1978)

Piranha (1978)

Directed by: Joe Dante
Screenplay by: John Sayles

Genre: Comedy | Horror | Sci-Fi
Running Time: 94 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

Lost River Lake was a thriving resort - until they discovered...

[IMDb]




Comments: Ah, there's nothing like a school of piranhas attacking a children's summer camp on a Sunday morning. Beyond the merciless attack on the children, I really did enjoy Joe Dante's Piranha, even moreso than Alexandre Aja's 2010 remake (which, for me, fell into the same complaint I had about Drive Angry - it tried way too hard to be a cult classic). While there's certainly some comedy to the original Piranha, it was played pretty straight throughout, and it works for the film. I just picked Piranha up on DVD yesterday, and I would have bought the Blu-ray had it not always been $20 (I bought the DVD for $7.99). I've foolishly overpaid on shit in the past, but I'm trying to watch that anymore. Piranha's good, but not $20 good.

No comments:

Post a Comment