Friday, July 29, 2011

When Harry Met Sally... (1989)

When Harry Met Sally... (1989)

Directed by: Rob Reiner
Screenplay by: Nora Ephron

Genre: Comedy | Drama | Romance
Running Time: 96 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: DVD

Can two friends sleep together and still love each other in the
  morning?


[IMDb]



Comments: So while driving to my hometown for the weekend, it dawned on me that I didn't bring any movies to watch tonight. Granted, I'm spending Saturday evening in the bustling metropolis of Pittsburgh, so I never thought that I'd need something to watch Friday evening. I was too lazy to go rent a movie (and because when I rent films, I rent something like 6 at a time), so I was left to digging through my mother's collection of DVDs (which is about 5 total). I've never seen When Harry Met Sally... before (I've always wanted to), so this seemed like a good selection - and I'm glad I did. I was particularly impressed with Meg Ryan. There's nothing wrong with her as an actress, but I've never been the biggest fan. However, she was charming as hell in this film and certainly won me over (now if only they could've worked a few scenes from In the Cut in there - specifically how she looked in 1989) and this movie would've been an automatic five stars. But while it's not something that will stay with me, I definitely understand how When Harry Met Sally... became the genre-defining film that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment