Friday, July 1, 2011

I Am Number Four (2011)

I Am Number Four (2011)

Directed by: D.J. Caruso
Screenplay by: Alfred Gough, Miles Millar, and Marti Noxon

Genre: Action | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 109 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Rental DVD (Family Video)

[IMDb]






Comments: While I can claim innocence for Season of the Witch, I'll admit to having a slight desire to see I Am Number Four. For the most part, it's exactly what I expected - a telegraphed script with precise manipulation of the viewer's emotions so you know exactly what to feel and expect at any point in time. But while I'll admit to liking parts of the film, I Am Number Four feels pretty tired an uninspiring for the most part. I did find the "final battle" to be well done, and certain scenes where Number Four stands up to the school bullies weren't bad either (but I always like scenes like that because I used to be one of the "chosen" who got picked on). Yeah, so I Am Number Four is by no means a good movie, but it's an alright watch if you're into that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment