Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)

The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)

Directed by: Brad Furman
Screenplay by: John Romano

Genre: Crime | Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 118 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

[IMDb]






Comments: A quick note: Not that anyone cares, but I did buy the Blu-ray for this; however, I am in my hometown this weekend (no HDTV, no Blu-ray player) so I watched the additional DVD copy. I think this is the first time I've ever used the DVD in those combo packs...

So I was perusing Best Buy last night due to a little boredom, and I decided to pick up The Lincoln Lawyer for only $13 (it was $17.99 minus a $5 coupon). I had wanted to watch the film since it was in theaters, and it was probably the only film I've wanted to see in theaters this year that I didn't get a chance to (read: I haven't done shit on weekends this year). The Lincoln Lawyer certainly lived up to what I expected it to be: a solid dramatic thriller that kept me engrossed throughout it's two-hour runtime. There's a number of plot twists, and they work for the most part, although the one at the very end seemed a little desperate. There's a number a known actors in the film, as I recognized just about every bit player from something else. The Lincoln Lawyer doesn't break any new ground, but it's a fun movie worth a watch. And like I've said before, that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment