Saturday, July 9, 2011

Child's Play (1988)

Child's Play (1988)

Directed by: Tom Holland
Screenplay by: Don Mancini, John Lafia, and Tom Holland

Genre: Horror | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 87 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

You'll wish it was only make-believe.

[IMDb]




Comments: "This is the end, friend!" No horror icon scared me more as a child than Chucky. It was actually the second film in the series that scarred me deeply; so bad that I was afraid when I went to bed for months. I maintained a strict aversion to these films for years until one day when I came across Child's Play 3 on TV and saw just how silly they were. When watching Child's Play today, I discovered that it actually isn't the film I remembered. A number of parts I thought were from this film must've been from the second installment; most of what I watched today I had never seen before. Luckily, Child's Play is a fun movie. The whole black magic and voodoo shit that goes on was beyond silly, but then again, we're watching a killer doll that overpowers 180-pound men. And how awesome is Brad Dourif? Granted, we don't get to hear from him in all his one-liner greatness, but the guy's a horror icon. "Hi, I'm Chucky, and I'm your friend till the end. Hidey-ho!"

No comments:

Post a Comment