Sunday, February 26, 2012

Take Shelter (2011)

Take Shelter (2011)

Directed by: Jeff Nichols
Screenplay by: Jeff Nichols

Genre: Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 120 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

[IMDb]






Comments: And my streak of excellent films watched this weekend continues. Take Shelter is phenomenal. Michael Shannon is completely worthy of an Oscar nomination for Best Actor, though I'm not surprised this film wasn't recognized in the least (perhaps there's a limit on the number of films that can be nominated that Jessica Chastain starred in). (Speaking of which, I'm glad I didn't watch the show: pretty much every predicted winner won, yet again.) There's not going to be a lot in this review because I have to get up for work in a few hours, but Take Shelter is wonderful. Many feel that the end "cheapens" the entire viewing experience, however I found it a great and fitting end. The film truly moved me, and is really sticking in my mind. Seriously, Netflix the shit out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment