Saturday, February 18, 2012

Machete (2010)

Machete (2010)

Directed by: Ethan Maniquis and Robert Rodriguez
Screenplay by: Robert Rodriguez and Álvaro Rodríguez

Genre: Action | Thriller
Running Time: 105 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

He was given an offer he couldn't refuse...

[IMDb]




Comments: A few random thoughts:

- Jessica Alba CGI nudity is the bane of my existence. It's almost as bad as her acting.

- On the other hand, and even though her hair covers most of it, Lindsay Lohan's tig 'ol bitties are nice and fine. That whole Playboy shoot was shit, but no matter how coked out she gets, I still wouldn't kick her out of bed.

- And since I'm being all pervy, I have no idea who that naked Mexican chick was at the beginning of the film, but god-motherfucking-damn.

- Don Johnson FTW. I was really sad he and Cheech Marin didn't get any scenes together, being an old Nash Bridges fan.

- I liked the plethora of big names strewn throughout Machete, even down to Steven Seagal. It was fun. All the film was missing was a Michael Madsen cameo.

- Unfortunately, Machete's not as good as something like Hobo with a Shotgun, but it's still a really fun piece of work. In fact, the two would have made a great double feature for a Grindhouse 2. Dammit, now I wish they would've made a second installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment