Sunday, February 26, 2012

Moneyball (2011)

Moneyball (2011)

Directed by: Bennett Miller
Screenplay by: Steven Zaillian and Aaron Sorkin

Genre: Biography | Drama | Sport
Running Time: 133 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

What are you really worth?

[IMDb]




Comments: This is going to be short and sweet, because, well, it's 2 a.m. and I'm tired.

- Moneyball was fantastic, and I'm not even a baseball guy.

- Brad Pitt was also fantastic, and it's cool to see him get an Oscar nomination for the performance.

- Jonah Hill was solid, but I failed to see anything Oscar-worthy about him.

- I generally don't like movies made so soon after the events they're portraying. There's something that feels false about the whole experience, mainly because everyone in them is still alive and says "this isn't at all what happened." However, movies like Moneyball and The Social Network are changing my mind. They're so good, I don't give a shit whether they're accurate or not.

- And I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment