Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

Directed by: Rupert Wyatt
Screenplay by: Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver

Genre: Action | Drama | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 105 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Evolution becomes revolution.

[IMDb]




Comments: I'm sure a lot of people had the same reaction when they heard a Planet of the Apes prequel was in the works: a slight chuckle followed by a complete lack of interest. That was my attitude right up to the film's theatrical run, when I started hearing whispers that not only was the movie well-made, it was pretty fucking awesome. That wasn't enough to get me to see it in theaters, but I did end up grabbing the film when it was on sale a few weeks ago. And to my surprise, I really enjoyed it. Granted, most of the human characters outside of James Franco and Freida Pinto are horrible people, so naturally the audience cheers for the end of their race without even knowing it. But still, the movie is incredibly well done and worth at least a look, even if you're only casually interested. I've never seen any of the original Planet of the Apes films, but I'm a lot more interested now - all because of Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

No comments:

Post a Comment