Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Woman in Black (2012)

The Woman in Black (2012)

Directed by: James Watkins
Screenplay by: Jane Goldman

Genre: Drama | Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 95 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

What did they see?

[IMDb]




Comments: I made a fatal oversight when I decided to gather my friends to go see The Woman in Black this evening: the legions of teen Harry Potter fans that would flock to see Daniel Radcliffe's turn in this PG-13 horror flick. Not only was the theater packed when we arrived five minutes before showtime (we luckily were able to sit in the second row, which gave me only half of the neck cramps that the first row would have), but we got stuck behind this annoying fat ugly cunt that refused to be quiet throughout the entire film (I myself am a fat asshole, so I feel qualified to make judgements about others). Normally, I would've unleashed untold amounts of wrath and fury toward said cunt and her dopey boyfriend, but my friend despises confrontations (as do I, to an extent) so he kept me somewhat composed. I hate watching movies with large crowds (of stupid people).

Anyway, director James Watkins' only other feature was 2008's Eden Lake, a film I bought when it came out but still have yet to watch (which is pretty much the story of my life/where all of my money goes). I actually had a renewed interest in the film a few weeks ago when I found out Michael Fassbender starred in it. It's one I'll definitely get to soon.

As for the film itself, The Woman in Black was alright, I guess. The best thing it had going for it was the overall look and cinematography. The bleak nature of the locations were downright awesome to look at. Unfortunately, I was never able to fully invest myself in the proceedings onscreen, mainly due to my surroundings at the time. I definitely will check out the film again once it's released on Blu-ray.

In closing, I hate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment