Sunday, February 12, 2012

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)

Directed by: Alfonso Cuarón
Screenplay by: Steve Kloves

Genre: Adventure | Family | Fantasy | Mystery
Running Time: 141 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Something wicked this way comes.

[IMDb]




Comments: Alfonso Cuarón certainly brought a lot more to the table in the third Harry Potter installment, at least in terms of the look and feel of the film. Sure, for most of the of the first hour, much of the mediocrity of the first two films carries over (sans Cuarón's artistic touch). But then, at last, we break from the mold and get to see an interesting and well-crafted finale. I'm still not sold on the series as a whole, but it's certainly a shift in the right direction.

I was saddened to see that Richard Harris did not return as Dumbledore due to his death in 2002. I knew that he had died years ago, but never really thought about it pertaining to this series until I saw Michael Gambon onscreen. I like Gambon and think he's a great actor; however, he just doesn't bring the warmth and wisdom to the role that Harris did.

I may start on the fourth Harry Potter film tonight after the Penguins' game, but who knows. I planned to watch this film last night, but ended up falling asleep at 7pm. On a Saturday night. Yep. I lead one hell of an exciting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment