Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Dead (2010)

The Dead (2010)

Directed by: Howard J. Ford and Jonathan Ford
Screenplay by: Howard J. Ford and Jonathan Ford

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 105 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

The feeding begins.

[IMDb]




Comments: I'd heard a number of good things about The Dead over the past few weeks, so I decided to pick it up from Amazon with the money I made selling some items. I had hoped the film would live up to some of the reviews I read, and for the most part it did. The story works; it's about an engineer in Africa that survives the crash of "the last plane out" and ends up teaming with an African soldier to find his son. The pacing is a tad slow, as we navigate the hostile grounds with our two leads, but I didn't find fault in that approach. My main issue with the film was this amateurish sheen that covered everything - from the acting (the main star Rob Freeman in particular) to the direction and special effects, everything felt like it could have been done just a little bit better. Still, I enjoyed The Dead... but just not as much as everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment