Thursday, March 1, 2012

District B13 (2004)

District B13 (2004)

Directed by: Pierre Morel
Screenplay by: Luc Besson and Bibi Naceri

Genre: Action | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 84 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Welcome to District B13. Welcome to the future.

[IMDb]




Comments: This was really fun.

- I have no idea why the IMDb classifies this film as science fiction, unless they believe that white dudes doing those moves must be of extraterrestrial origin, but whatever.

- District B13 made me want to bounce around on my couch and recliner doing sweet parkour moves. (I didn't.)

- This movie has the great honor of being the first film I watched on my new Vizio 47" LCD 120Hz TV (I've upgraded from a Samsung 26" - let's just say the difference is slightly noticeable). I'm much more of "I'd rather just watch the movie" guy than a "I need the best equipment possible to watch a movie" guy (I'll have to explain the ghetto-rigged sound system I have sometime), but having this new, bigger TV is FUCKING AWESOME.

- District B13 is a good time. The action is streets ahead (Community joke) of anything else in the film, such as the acting and storyline, but it really works as a whole. I don't have the sequel, but I think I'll have to search around and pick it up soon. It will probably suck ass, but whatever.

Also Known As: Banlieue 13

No comments:

Post a Comment