Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)

Directed by: David Yates
Screenplay by: Michael Goldenberg

Genre: Adventure | Family | Fantasy | Mystery
Running Time: 138 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

The rebellion begins.

[IMDb]




Comments: Granted, I said Sunday that I wasn't going to watch the fifth in the Harry Potter series, but once I got home from work Monday, I had nothing better to do. (I've done a good job so far this year of keeping up-to-date on my DVR, which helps too.) The Order of the Phoenix stretches the streak of really solid Potter films to three-in-a-row now, as I really enjoyed myself here. While there's moments of silliness and a little too much kid-friendliness at times, the film is engaging and entertaining. I've worked my way through five films now, and the series is pretty much where I envisioned it: good, but not great; engaging, but not addictive. Still, I know I'll get to the final three shortly, and it'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment