Saturday, October 13, 2012

Argo (2012)

Argo (2012)

Directed by: Ben Affleck
Screenplay by: Chris Terrio

Genre: Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 120 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Theater

The movie was fake. The mission was real.

[IMDb]




Comments: Ben Affleck has legitimately had my respect for a few years now (not that my respect means anything). I always liked him as an actor (mainly for his roles in Kevin Smith's films), but soon his abhorrent choices in movies turned him into a laughing stock in Hollywood. Then he released his directorial debut, Gone Baby Gone, which I loved and gave a 4.5. He followed up with The Town, one of my absolute favorites of 2010, and a five-star film in my book. This afternoon, I had the absolute pleasure of watching Affleck's latest, Argo. It's fantastic. Outside of David Fincher, I can't think of a director who's scored so well with me recently. Do yourself a favor and check out Argo if you have any interest. It's awesome.

Oh, and Ben Affleck totally looked like Hans Gruber.

No comments:

Post a Comment