Monday, October 8, 2012

Parks and Recreation - Season One (2009)

Parks and Recreation (2009-????)

Created by: Greg Daniels and Michael Schur

Season: One (2009)
Genre: Comedy
Number of Episodes: 6
Episode Running Time: 30 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

Because parks don't grow on trees.

[IMDb]




Comments: This is why I don't ever declare October to be Horrorfest. Despite my best intentions of watching nothing but horror throughout the month, I always get burned out a week or two into it. I love horror, and it's absolutely my favorite genre, but I need to break it up a bit. I found myself yesterday staring at the titles I wanted to watch and not having a desire to watch any of them at the moment. I needed something different. Fucking ADD.

And that brings us to Parks and Recreation, a show I've wanted to watch for some time. It's essentially the sister show to The Office, which works for me (although when this debuted I thought it was going to be an unmitigated disaster). I've heard increasingly good things over the years, and combined with the fact that I loved Ron Swanson even before I ever watched the show, I knew I'd dig Parks and Rec. After the short first season, I can see where it needs to grow a bit, but overall I really enjoyed it. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment