Friday, October 19, 2012

Parks and Recreation - Season Two (2009-2010)

Parks and Recreation (2009-????)

Created by: Greg Daniels and Michael Schur

Season: Two (2009-2010)
Genre: Comedy
Number of Episodes: 24
Episode Running Time: 30 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

Because parks don't grow on trees.

[IMDb]




Comments: I can't even begin to describe how much Parks and Recreation improved over the last half of Season Two. For the first season, along with the first few episodes here, I enjoyed the show but was never smitten by it. I'm not sure what it was, but my overall enjoyment of Parks and Rec was ramped up during the second half of the season (as evidenced by the fact that I started watching episode 15 after work tonight... and then all of a sudden it was 1:30 in the morning and I'd finished the season).

There's a few things that really improved my enjoyment of the show. The first, because I'm a sap, was the inclusion of a solid romantic storyline between April and Andy. I'm a sucker for this type of romance, and I think it was well done. Secondly, Amy Poehler was my least favorite character early on, and often her mannerisms annoyed the shit out of me. I don't know if I got used to her, or she just honed her character a bit (or a combination of the two), but I really started to like her as the season went on. And finally, how can I not love a show with Ron Swanson?

And for my last ramblings of the evening, I must say that Aubrey Plaza is a winner in my book (meaning I'd like to marry her if given the opportunity). I just love the looks she gave the camera, and like I mentioned her storyline with Chris Pratt was well done and felt both genuine and authentic.

And I want to marry her. (If Alison Brie isn't available.)

No comments:

Post a Comment