Thursday, October 4, 2012

Lovely Molly (2011)

Lovely Molly (2011)

Directed by: Eduardo Sánchez
Screenplay by: Eduardo Sánchez and Jamie Nash

Genre: Drama | Horror
Running Time: 99 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Netflix Watch Instantly

[IMDb]






Comments: After watching The Blair Witch Project last night, it worked out well that one of the directors has a new film that just started streaming on Netflix, Lovely Molly. The movie is about a newlywed woman who (along with her husband) moves into the house she grew up in. She had been abused by her father, and her father/something worse seems intent on haunting the shit out of her... or so it seems. Lovely Molly certainly wasn't perfect, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't really enjoy myself. It's sufficiently creepy in scenes (particularly the first 20-30 minutes), and I dug the ending even if it's a culmination of things I've seen before. Either way, I was a fan of Eduardo Sánchez's recent effort. It's streaming now, so if you're interested I'd give it a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment