Monday, October 1, 2012

Grave Encounters (2011)

Grave Encounters (2011)

Directed by: The Vicious Brothers
Screenplay by: The Vicious Brothers

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 92 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Netflix Watch Instantly

They were searching for proof... they found it.

[IMDb]




Comments: I've heard a few decent things about Grave Encounters in the past, and having watched shows like Ghost Hunters before, I was eager to check it out. The beginning of the film mainly riffs on what most expect those "ghost hunting" shows to be like behind the scenes: a total scam. However, things don't go exactly as planned, and the asylum the crew is investigating is indeed haunted. I'll admit, Grave Encounters had me for awhile. The film was interesting, moved at a brisk pace, and kept me interested in what was going on. Soon, however, The Vicious Brothers kept getting bigger and bigger with what was occurring, and I soon lost most of my interest. While some scenes certainly worked, a film like this really works better with less. I don't need to see a lot. Let my mind do the work. Instead, we see all this crazy shit over the course of the final act that took me out of the moment. Still, I like Grave Encounters enough to recommend a look. It's well made, even if it's a little too grandiose for its own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment