Sunday, August 14, 2011

Super (2010)

Super (2010)

Directed by: James Gunn
Screenplay by: James Gunn

Genre: Action | Comedy | Drama
Running Time: 96 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Shut up, crime!

[IMDb]




Comments: Wow. Super met every expectation I had of the film and then blew the fuck by them. What an amazing, amazing movie. It's an extremely dark, funny, and even meaningful film. The last twenty minutes of Super are so fucking good it's unreal. James Gunn's Troma background certainly shows at times, but that really makes the funnier scenes in the film even better. And Ellen fucking Page. I've liked her in her previous films and thought she was a good actress, but nothing too special. But she's superb in Super, and really fucking hot at times (particularly when dressed as Boltie during the 'rape' scene with Rainn Wilson). Page is definitely one of my new favorites now. And if I talk about her, I have to mention how great Rainn Wilson was. I've loved him as Dwight, but the man has some real skill that really shows in Super. So yeah, if you can't tell, I fucking loved this movie. Watch it. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment