Friday, August 26, 2011

Dog Soldiers (2002)

Dog Soldiers (2002)

Directed by: Neil Marshall
Screenplay by: Neil Marshall

Genre: Action | Horror
Running Time: 105 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Six soldiers. Full moon. No chance.

[IMDb]




Comments: This review's going to be short and sweet, mainly because I have to get up for work in six hours and it took me four days to watch this movie. The debut film from Neil Marshall deserves more than this, but unfortunately I just never got around to watching the film in one sitting. I did enjoy Dog Soldiers, but I was annoyed by the camerawork and editing used to shoot around the special effects (or lack thereof). It all just felt very amateurish. Marshall learned from this, though, as his next film was the remarkable cave epic The Descent. But I will have to give Dog Soldiers a more thorough look later, when I can give the film my full attention.

Oh, and First Look's Blu-ray of the film is shitacular. I should've just stuck with my DVD edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment