Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Se7en (1995)

Se7en (1995)

Directed by: David Fincher
Screenplay by: Andrew Kevin Walker

Genre: Crime | Drama | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 127 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light.

[IMDb]




Comments: I've finally decided to break in my Blu-ray of Se7en, one of my all-time favorite films. I can remember watching this masterpiece for the first time as an impressionable youth and geeking out because I didn't know Kevin Spacey was the baddie, and I can remember receiving the New Line Platinum Series DVD as a gift (it was the first DVD I owned; a birthday present from my father along with an Apex DVD player that still works and is still used occasionally to this day); this is just a movie that sticks with you every time you come in contact with it. I have so many distinct memories of watching this film over the years - it's always an event when Se7en is onscreen. I think my most memorable moment was a few years back when I was working in retail and going to school. I was in and out a lot, and it just happened that Starz had the film in heavy rotation. No matter if I was getting ready or unwinding after a long day, Se7en was on one of the channels and I would be watching, over and over again. It was fucking glorious. (I also recall a similar time with Armageddon; not my finest hour, but dammit if that isn't a terrific popcorn flick.) So what am I getting at? This movie fucking rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment