Sunday, August 21, 2011

Insanitarium (2008)

Insanitarium (2008)

Directed by: Jeff Buhler
Screenplay by: Jeff Buhler

Genre: Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 89 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

This is going to hurt.

[IMDb]




Comments: You know what really annoys me? Characters in horror movies that have the last name of Loomis. Do you know how many times I've seen shitty horror movies with characters named that? We get it, you like Halloween (or Psycho, but probably Halloween). I love that movie too, but can't you come up with a better homage? Jesus. I don't know why this annoys me so much other than the fact that IT'S NOT CLEVER AT ALL.

Anyway, Insanitarium isn't completely horrible. It's not good either, but there's some decent gore and there's that one insane chick that runs around topless with blood over her shouting crazy woman things. That was pretty cool. I have no idea why Jesse Metcalfe is in this (he of Desperate Housewives and John Tucker Must Die fame), but whatever. Also, Olivia Munn's in this and has a larger role than I expected (this was a bit before she blew up and then everyone subsequently forgot about her because she's a terrible actress and only acted nerdy to cater to her audience - that's right, Team Pereira bitch!). In the end, I guess this was a worthwhile $3 purchase from Big Lots... I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment