Sunday, August 28, 2011

One Day (2011)

One Day (2011)

Directed by: Lone Scherfig
Screenplay by: David Nicholls

Genre: Drama | Romance
Running Time: 107 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

Twenty years. Two people.

[IMDb]




Comments: Don't judge me, bro.

I actually enjoyed One Day a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. Granted, I would've rather seen Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (which I was going to see yesterday, but didn't quite make it), but it is what it is, and One Day is what I saw this afternoon. It's a rather sad film, and there's few moments of actual happiness throughout. But the relationship between Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess feels real, and the two have a pretty good chemistry between them. Hathaway, while certainly not the most gorgeous woman in the world, has this cute quality about her that just makes her so charming and lovely. Sure, there's moments that are predictable, but on a whole, One Day is a pretty solid film. It's certainly not the feel-good hit of the summer, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment