Friday, June 3, 2011

X-Men: First Class (2011)

X-Men: First Class (2011)

Directed by: Matthew Vaughn
Screenplay by: Ashley Miller, Zack Stentz, Jane Goldman, and
  Matthew Vaughn

Genre: Action | Adventure | Drama | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 132 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

Witness the origin.

[IMDb]



Comments: "First Class? More like Coach!" I've read this description (or a variant of it) in a few reviews that thought the new (old) X-Men adventure was rather... mediocre. Needless to say, I went in with a few reservations, not only from the lukewarm reviews I read, but from being generally disappointed with X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I loved the first three films in the series (yes, even Brett Ratner's The Last Stand), but First Class doesn't quite reach those heights. Still, it's better than Wolverine and certainly worth a watch. I mostly enjoyed Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy, who delivered the best performances from the cast (and Tony from Skins was Beast!?). Anyway, X-Men: First Class is a fun summer film. Just keep in mind that I'm a sucker for superhero fare, so maybe I enjoyed the film a bit more than the average person.

No comments:

Post a Comment