Friday, June 3, 2011

The Man from Nowhere (2010)

The Man from Nowhere (2010)

Directed by: Jeong-beom Lee
Screenplay by: Jeong-beom Lee

Genre: Action | Crime | Thriller
Running Time: 119 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Nothing to lose, nothing to compromise.

[IMDb]




Comments: The Man from Nowhere unfortunately suffered from being dissected into three separate viewings because I can't seem to stay awake at night. I started Thursday night, but my eyes got heavy and I needed to shut it off for bed. I wanted to finish it Friday night, but a friend called and we went to see X-Men: First Class. When I got back, I tried to finish the film, but it was 1:00 AM and I fell asleep again. So here we are, on Saturday morning, and I've finally finished off this wonderfully awesome and moving film. I read a number of descriptions stating that The Man from Nowhere is just the Korean version of Taken. I completely disagree, because The Man from Nowhere is leaps and bounds better than Pierre Morel's flick. There's humor, there's amazing fight scenes, and there's such emotion and depth portrayed by the often silent Won Bin. Liam Neeson, eat your heart out. I will certainly need to revisit The Man from Nowhere, as I'm sure I missed a few things by splitting up the film the first time around. But even fragmented, this film is great. Do yourself a favor and check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment