Saturday, June 18, 2011

Battle: Los Angeles (2011)

Battle: Los Angeles (2011)

Directed by: Jonathan Liebesman
Screenplay by: Christopher Bertolini

Genre: Action | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 116 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

[IMDb]






Comments: Battle: Los Angeles is a fun movie, simple as that. It may not come close to something like Independence Day alien blockbusters, but it's good nonetheless. I actually enjoyed the film more on Blu-ray than I did in the theaters (and the only reason I bought it on its release week was because Walmart offered the special edition as a steelbook - and I'm a fucking sucker). Sure, the dialogue isn't the greatest and there's several moments of pure cheese, but I'll be damned if Battle: Los Angeles isn't entertaining. It may not win the hearts of 'true' film purists, but you know what? Fuck them. Retreat Hell!

And since I posted a few days ago about how much I loved the teaser for David Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I was reminded of how much I liked the trailer for Battle: Los Angeles. It makes the film look like it's going to be so much better than it actually is! But isn't that the point of every trailer? Anyway, see for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment