Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back to the Future (1985)

Back to the Future (1985)

Directed by: Robert Zemeckis
Screenplay by: Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale

Genre: Adventure | Family | Sci-Fi
Running Time: 116 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

He's the only kid ever to get into trouble before he was born.

[IMDb]




Comments: I've actually never seen Back to the Future in full before tonight (I know, I'm an asshole). I'd caught bits and pieces over the years, but never took the time to hang out with Marty and Doc. However, Target had the whole trilogy on Blu-ray for $15 this week, so I had to pick it up. It's funny, since I have no nostalgic connection to the film, I don't quite enjoy it as much as others. It's a good film, but the silliness (and '80s-ness) of Back to the Future just made me roll my eyes at several points during the film (this is coming from a guy that can watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles without batting an eyelash; definite nostalgic connection there). But in the end, Back to the Future is a good film and certainly worth the $5 it cost me. The film looks great on Blu-ray, so if haven't seen it on that format, you'd be a wise man (or woman) to pick 'er up.

No comments:

Post a Comment