Sunday, June 5, 2011

Doghouse (2009)

Doghouse (2009)

Directed by: Jake West
Screenplay by: Dan Schaffer

Genre: Comedy | Horror
Running Time: 88 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Netflix Watch Instantly

On the piss. On the pull. On the menu.

[IMDb]




Comments: Doghouse is one of those movies where I can say I don't give a shit what other people thought, I really fucking liked it. Sure, parts are entirely too over-the-top and silly, even for a comedy like this. But there's a little bit of heart (I really liked the brotherhood bond toward the end), a lot of violence, and some funny gags along the way. The film has a good look and never comes off cheap, which makes it all the more enjoyable. I'm also a fan of Danny Dyer (I guess a may have a slight man-crush on him), and have enjoyed everything I've seen that he's been in (from Skins to the under appreciated Severance). Doghouse may not be the most original or most entertaining horror film, but goddammit if I didn't enjoy myself. And that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment