Friday, October 21, 2011

Torso (1973)

Torso (1973)

Directed by: Sergio Martino
Screenplay by: Ernesto Gastaldi and Sergio Martino

Genre: Horror | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 93 Minutes (Director's Cut)
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Enter... if you dare the bizarre world of the psychosexual mind.

[IMDb]




Comments: I don't have the biggest love affair for the giallo genre. Films like Deep Red, Tenebre, and The New York Ripper are all good films, but I don't hold them in the highest regard like many horror fans do. Still, I've wanted to see Torso for quite some time, mainly for for sleaziness aspect rather than the the fact that it's a respected giallo film (Eli Roth even has an introduction on the Blu-ray). As it turned out, the film was rather tame. While there was certainly some violence and a few topless women, it never came across as over-the-top or exploitative to me (and that's a shame).

The film itself is solid. The last act is rather entertaining, but up until that point it's a bit muddled. There's entirely too many characters (many of which surely were included only to be red herrings), and it took me awhile to remember who was who. Without a doubt, my favorite aspect was the music that played while the killer did his business (it can be heard on the Blu-ray menu as well). I just wish it was played more throughout the film.

I did a quick search and found this "unofficial" trailer on Youtube. It uses the main them I was talking about. It's awesome! Be warned: there's nudity, a little violence, and some slight spoilers in it.


Also Known As: Carnal Violence, I Corpi Presentano Tracce di Violenza Carnale

No comments:

Post a Comment