Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Ides of March (2011)

The Ides of March (2011)

Directed by: George Clooney
Screenplay by: George Clooney, Grant Heslov, and Beau Willimon

Genre: Drama
Running Time: 101 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Theater

Ambition seduces. Power corrupts.

[IMDb]




Comments: You'll notice that I tend to write less for films that I love. It's mainly because I like to try to be at least somewhat humorous, and that's so much easier when the movie is terrible. Plus, it's more fun that way. So for The Ides of March, all I really want to say is: Go see it. It's fucking awesome.

OK, I'll try to write a little more. Sure, the film becomes less realistic and more melodramatic as it goes along, but it reeled me right in and I was dying to see how it would conclude. What path would Ryan Gosling would choose? The performances are stellar (what an amazing cast!), the dialogue is terrific, and the storyline is both engaging and entertaining. None of the characters are particularly likeable or heroic, yet they are all interesting and captivating, and I was constantly interested by the angles they played and what their individual motives were. I think I've spewed enough praise toward George Clooney's The Ides of March, so I'll leave you with this: Go see it. It's fucking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment