Friday, October 7, 2011

Them (2006)

Them (2006)

Directed by: David Moreau and Xavier Palud
Screenplay by: David Moreau and Xavier Palud

Genre: Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 77 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

You'll never feel safe in your home again.

[IMDb]




Comments: I love the French. Seriously. How many awesome horror films have come out of that country lately? The list includes Martyrs, High Tension, Inside, and Frontier(s); now I can add Them to the list. Awesome.

- For the longest time I thought that The Strangers was a remake of Them, but after doing some research I found out the films aren't directly related. The two are almost completely different outside of the couple-in-a-deserted-area-being-attacked-by-some-incredibly-coordinated-and-quick-moving-people scenario.

- Plus Dennis Reynolds isn't in Them.

- I hated the stupid epilogue that tells you what happened after the movie ends. Only under certain circumstances do I want to know what happened after the final scene - usually in true stories and biographies. Horror movies? Not so much. It cheapens the final scenes.

- I really liked David Moreau and Xavier Palud's directing. It creates a tense and unnerving feeling throughout Them. The camerawork made me feel that I was right along with the main characters (especially during Clem's attic scene).

- 20 minutes after my last point: I totally started doing something else mid-review, and so now I've completely forgot what I was going to talk about. I'm out, bitches.

Also Known As: Ils

No comments:

Post a Comment