Monday, October 10, 2011

House of 1000 Corpses (2003)

House of 1000 Corpses (2003)

Directed by: Rob Zombie
Screenplay by: Rob Zombie

Genre: Adventure | Comedy | Horror
Running Time: 89 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

The most shocking tale of carnage ever seen.

[IMDb]




Comments: I love House of 1000 Corpses (and pretty much everything Rob Zombie's made). It's by no means a great film, but it's fun and entertaining homage to some great horror films of yesteryear.

- This is the first time I've watched the film knowing who Rainn Wilson was. The last time I watched the film, I hadn't begun watching The Office, so I didn't realize how awesome Rainn was (not to mention the mind-bogglingly awesome film Super he starred in last year). Plus it has Chris Hardwick (he of Singled Out fame), who hosts The Nerdist Podcast, one of my favorites to listen to (he's had both Rob Zombie and Rainn Wilson on as guests before).

- Dear Jesus do I still love Sheri Moon Zombie. I had hoped when I saw Rob Zombie in concert last year that she'd be there. Alas, she wasn't (she may have, but she never made an appearance on stage). She's just so fucking sexy and psychotic. It's awesome.

- Walton Goggins FTW!

- I re-bought House of 1000 Corpses on Blu-ray a few weeks ago (a two-pack with The Devil's Rejects), and damn it looks good. I'd like to pick up both of Zombie's Halloween films as well, but the price hasn't been right yet (yes, I enjoyed those two films also).

- I guess Zombie's next film will be The Lords of Salem. Needless to say, I'm very excited for that.

- By now, I'm sure everyone that's seen House of 1000 Corpses either hates it or loves it. I fall into the latter camp, and that's pretty much all you need to know. Dr. Satan!

No comments:

Post a Comment