Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Ring Two (2005)

The Ring Two (2005)

Directed by: Hideo Nakata
Screenplay by: Ehren Kruger

Genre: Drama | Horror | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 128 Minutes (Unrated Cut)
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Owned DVD

Fear comes full circle.

[IMDb]




Comments: I'm a bit torn about The Ring Two. If I really think about the plot, I can't help but laugh. But director Hideo Nakata (director of the first two Ringu films) treats the material very seriously, which allowed me to look past everything that seems so silly. The film doesn't have the same great look as Verbinski's, and it runs a tad too long, but I otherwise found The Ring Two enjoyable.

It's a little weird trying to get into the Halloween spirit here. First, I'm on call this weekend, so there's been no costume party fun for me. To be honest, even if I wasn't on call, there probably wouldn't have been any parties I went to, because I have no life. Secondly, it just snowed like a bitch here yesterday, so it felt more apropros to watch something like A Christmas Story rather than The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. But even if I tried to get into that Halloween spirit, holidays stopped being awesome years ago, sadly.

I'm not your fucking Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment