Friday, July 31, 2009

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the
  Ooze
(1991)

Directed by: Michael Pressman
Screenplay by: Todd W. Langen

Genre: Action | Adventure | Comedy | Family | Sci-Fi
Running Time: 88 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG
Viewed: Owned DVD

Back by bodacious demand.

[IMDb]



Comments: Even though Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze doesn't quite stack up to the original, it's still a ton of fun. The two major downfalls of the film are the ridiculous replacement of Bebop and Rocksteady by Tokka and Rahzar along with the new sidekick, Keno. There's nothing wrong with him, but he's definitely no Casey Jones. However, the inclusion of Vanilla Ice just about makes up for all of that. I think my favorite part of the series is the fact that two of the four turtles have sharp weapons, yet no one is stabbed or dismembered (now that would be an awesome TMNT movie!), let alone cut (I realize it's a kids movie, I'm just being a jackass). I didn't have the fortune of owning Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze on VHS as a kid, so I didn't watch it all the time. However, the movie holds up pretty well and is rather entertaining. Or maybe I'm still just a kid on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment