Friday, July 31, 2009

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

Directed by: Steve Barron
Screenplay by: Todd W. Langen and Bobby Herbeck

Genre: Action | Comedy | Crime | Drama | Family | Sci-Fi
Running Time: 93 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG
Viewed: Owned DVD

Heroes in a half shell!

[IMDb]




Comments: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the Ghostbusters series were films that I wore out on VHS as a child. The films led me to believe that I could single-handedly take out 18 enemies at once, even as an 8-year-old kid (I think that Surf Ninjas and Three Ninjas also helped with that feeling). To this day, I still consider the original Ghostbusters my favorite film, but Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ain't too shabby either. While it drew some criticism from fans of the original series for being much darker, the film was my first exposure to the Turtles. Therefore, I love the film, and while there's numerous issues, it brings back great memories and I will always remember Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fondly. Cowabunga!

No comments:

Post a Comment