Sunday, July 5, 2009

Public Enemies (2009)

Public Enemies (2009)

Directed by: Michael Mann
Screenplay by: Ronan Bennett, Michael Mann, and Ann Biderman

Genre: Crime | Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 140 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Theater

[IMDb]






Comments: Public Enemies has been one of my most anticipated films, which probably explains why I didn't enjoy Michael Mann's latest as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, the film is well-made, well-acted, and well-directed; I just felt the film lacked any real energy. Toward the end, we were treated to some tense and exciting scenes. However, many of John Dillinger's early heist scenes were down without much flair (which was probably very true-to-life), but it left me wanting more. Perhaps I simply wasn't in the mood to watch the film. Maybe when the DVD comes out, I will think Public Enemies is cinematic genius (I do love most of Mann's work). Either way, today I found the film to be good, not great. I do look forward to revisiting it when it's released on DVD though.

No comments:

Post a Comment