Sunday, July 26, 2009

BloodRayne (2005)

BloodRayne (2005)

Directed by: Uwe Boll
Screenplay by: Guinevere Turner

Genre: Action | Comedy | Fantasy
Running Time: 95 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: DVD

Revenge never tasted so sweet.

[IMDb]




Comments: I'm not going to lie, about halfway through BloodRayne I stopped paying attention and began shouting as many insults about the film as possible with my friend. This film is my official first Uwe Boll experience, as I have avoided him like the plague in the past (I won't lie, I've been very interested in seeing Tunnel Rats and will probably rent the film soon). The funny thing about BloodRayne is that despite a very decent cast (albeit most of them were miscast in their roles), as well as the nice looking sets and production values, the movie completely bombs. Ben Kingsley acts as if his check just cleared, and so he is rifling through his lines as fast as possible to get the fuck out of there. Michael Madsen is horrible (as he almost always is when not in a Tarantino-related film), and Michelle Rodriguez is a Puerto Rican woman in a movie about 18th century Romania... Anyway, there is some decent gore, but the film generally fails in every aspect. While many of the pieces were in place to make at least a decent film, I can only assume BloodRayne's failure is one of the many reasons why no one has anything nice to say about Uwe Boll.

No comments:

Post a Comment