Thursday, July 30, 2009

Superbad (2007)

Superbad (2007)

Directed by: Greg Mottola
Screenplay by: Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg

Genre: Comedy
Running Time: 118 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Owned DVD

Come and get some.

[IMDb]




Comments: Superbad is one of my favorite films of the last few years. It's probably been one of my most watched (not that I watch the DVD a lot, rather Starz shows the damn film all the time and thus I always end up watching part of it). While the movie is a tad long in parts, I find just about all of it hysterical. With the exception of the insane cops, most of the movie is realistic and often has some real depth behind it. Not that I watch this movie for depth, though. Christopher Mintz-Plasse is the true star of Superbad, and instantly steals every scene he's in. It's just a shame that he will play the exact same character for most of his career (see: Michael Cera). Superbad is definitely one of the best comedies of the last few years, and ranks up there with the other Apatow-related films. It's definitely worth a watch if you've never seen this gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment