Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Band of Brothers (2001)

Band of Brothers (2001)

Created by: Tom Hanks and Erik Jendresen

Season: One (2001 Miniseries)
Genre: Adventure | Drama | History | War
Episode Running Time: 60 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

They depended on each other. And the world depended on them.

[IMDb]





Comments: I finally sat down and watched the epic HBO miniseries, Band of Brothers. The show has been pretty universally acclaimed, so I had high hopes, which were almost completely met. I was so impressed with the realism of the show; the producers weren't afraid to have "down" moments, where soldiers were in foxholes or on patrol. I was completely caught up in the lives of Winters, Nixon, and the other men of Easy Company. My favorite episode was "The Breaking Point," as it highlighted two of my favorite characters in Band of Brothers (besides Major Winters), Carwood Lipton and Ronald Speirs. While I probably enjoyed these characters more due to the actors portraying them, "The Breaking Point" is an outstanding episode where the spotlight shined on these two. Who wasn't in awe when Speirs ran directly through the German front to the other group of U.S. soldiers to give them orders, and then ran back unharmed! Band of Brothers truly sticks with you after watching the ten amazing episodes. Luckily, Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg are producing another HBO miniseries, The Pacific, which will document the other side of World War II, against Japan. Count me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment