Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Skeptic (2009)

The Skeptic (2009)

Directed by: Tennyson Bardwell
Screenplay by: Tennyson Bardwell

Genre: Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 89 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Netflix Watch Instantly

What do you believe?

[IMDb]




Comments: I feel as though if the Lifetime network made horror movies, it would look an awful lot like The Skeptic. C-list actors spewing C-list dialogue in a C-list film. (I do realize Zoe Saldana went on to better things, but she does nothing for this movie.)

I had seen previews for The Skeptic several years ago on a DVD I was watching; it looked interesting but I never really sought it out. When I re-signed up with Netflix, I threw it on my queue while scrolling through the horror section, but it has remained untouched to this day. I didn't plan on watching the film this evening, but when perusing my list for something to watch, The Skeptic popped out at me. I kind of wish it didn't.

There's nothing particularly horrible about the film, but there's absolutely zero things good in it. If it had a few better actors and a more cohesive script, well, it would probably be a completely different movie. And that movie would probably be better. Anyway, enough rambling. Pick something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment