Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Red Lights (2012)

Red Lights (2012)

Directed by: Rodrigo Cortés
Screenplay by: Rodrigo Cortés

Genre: Drama | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 113 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

How much do you want to believe?

[IMDb]




Comments: Red Lights is certainly a flawed film, but I can't deny that I was captivated by the story. I hadn't even heard of the movie until I saw it for sale at Best Buy (which should tell you overall how a film starring Robert De Niro and Cillian Murphy was received), so I went home and did a little digging and figured out that yes, Red Lights probably wasn't very good. But then I saw it for sale again at Target... and it had a pretty slipcover... and I was doomed.

Listen, Red Lights isn't great. But if you dig the premise, as I did, and you like some of the awesome talent Rodrigo Cortés recruited (Sigourney Weaver, Elizabeth Olsen, and Toby Jones, in addition to the two above), then I advise you to at least check it out. You may see that it has tremendous room for improvement, as I did, but you may also find that it was a pretty damn decent film... as I also did.

No comments:

Post a Comment